Transporting Limited Quantities of Dangerous Goods by All Modes (49 CFR, Canadian TDGR, ADR 2021, Mexican NOMs, IMDG Code Amd. 40-20, and ICAO / IATA Edition 63) - 2022Author: Currie Associates
This course is intended for the training of hazmat employees responsible for the multimodal handling, shipping, or transportation of limited quantities of hazardous materials / dangerous goods internationally. It has been designed to meet the function-specific training requirements of the various regulations and can be used for initial and recurrent training.
The course meets the regulatory training standards set out in 49 CFR §172.704, Part 6 of the Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDGR), ADR Chapter 1.3.3, Title 8 Chapter IV of Mexican Regulation for ground transport of hazardous materials and waste, IMDG Code Chapter 1.3, and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Sub-Section 1.5, for all employees involved in the safe transportation of hazardous materials / dangerous goods.
• Understanding the limitations and requirements of the limited quantity exception found in Section 1.17 of the Canadian TDG Regulations, Mexican NOMS, in Chapter 3.4 of the ADR and the IMDG Code, and in the sections of 49 CFR referred to in column 8A of the Hazmat Table in § 172.101, for the safe the transportation of limited quantities of hazardous materials / dangerous goods (DG)
• Shippers, carriers and freight forwarders (i.e. dangerous goods employees and their supervisors) who handle, offer for transport or transport dangerous goods in limited quantities internationally.
• Relationship between national & international regulations (49 CFR, TDGR, ADR, NOMs, IMDG Code and ICAO/IATA)
• Classification of dangerous goods
• Overview of the structure of the DG lists in the different regulations
• Preparation of a shipment of dangerous goods in limited quantities
o Marking & Labelling
• Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods (when required)
Regulatory Texts & References Required
• 49 CFR Regulations - free download or book available for purchase
• TDGR Canada Regulations - free download or book available for purchase
• ADR 2021 (Volumes I & II, plus corrigenda) - free download or books available for purchase
• Mexican Official Standards (NOMS) in Spanish - free download
• IMDG Code Book Set – International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (Amd. 40-20) - available for purchase
• IMDG Code Corrigenda May 2022
• IATA DGR Book – International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulations (63rd edition) - available for purchase
• IATA 2022 Lithium Battery Guidance Document - free download
• Run Time: 1h15
• Language: English
• Includes final assessment to validate student’s understanding of material
• Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course