Safe and Compliant Transportation of Excepted Lithium Batteries by Ground and Air (49 CFR / ICAO/IATA) Training 2018
This course is intended for training hazmat employees responsible for preparing, offering in transportation, or transporting excepted lithium batteries by the highway/rail or air modes of transportation, domestically and internationally.
The course is designed to communicate an awareness of the regulations to satisfy the training requirements for hazmat employees and other individuals within the scope of the federal transportation regulations. In order to satisfy the training requirements in §172.704(a) for general and security awareness, make sure you also complete the separate general awareness/familiarization or security awareness training.
This training will provide explanations of the various types of battery technology in use today, the corresponding regulations and specifics on how to identify and safely transport excepted lithium batteries.
The training program will address the following questions:
· What are the different types of lithium batteries and how are they defined in the regulations?
· What are the exceptions to the regulations?
· How are excepted lithium batteries packaged and shipped by air (ICAO/IATA)?
. How are excepted lithium batteries shipped domestically in the US?
· When marking requirements apply to shipments
· How do the domestic regulations impact international shipping?
· What are the most recent regulatory changes?
The course is fully animated and narrated and includes review questions throughout the course and a final student assessment to verify understanding of the material presented. Students will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.