International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG Code) Transportation Compliance – Amendment 40-20Author: Currie Associates
- This course is intended for the training of shore-side dangerous goods employees responsible for the handling, shipping, or transportation of dangerous goods internationally by vessel using the IMDG Code. When taken in conjunction with the pre-requisite course listed below it provides the required elements of general awareness, function-specific training as well as safety and security awareness, and can be used for initial and recurrent training.
- In addition, these courses meet the regulatory training standards set out in accordance with 49 CFR §172.704 and IMDG Code Chapter 1.3 for all dangerous goods employees involved in the safe transportation of dangerous goods by vessel and includes all recent amendments.
- - Navigating the IMDG Code to determine classification/identification, non-bulk packaging, marking, labeling, placarding and documentation requirements for safe the transportation of dangerous goods (DG).
- - Understanding transport operations requirements including stowage and segregation.
- - Shippers, carriers and freight forwarders (i.e. dangerous goods employees and their supervisors) who handle, ship or transport dangerous goods by vessel.
- - Introduction to the IMDG Code
- - Classification & Dangerous Goods List
- - Consignment Procedures
- - Marking & Labelling
- - Marking & Placarding
- - Documentation
- - Packaging (including Non-Bulk, IBCs & Portable Tanks)
- - Transport Operations
Regulatory Texts & References Required
- - IMDG Code Book Set – International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (Amd. 40-20) - available for purchase
- - IMDG Code Corrigenda May 2022
- - DOT Chart 17 - free download
- - Emergency Response Guidebook 2020 - free download
- - www.tankspan.com
- - Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Transportation General Awareness & Security Awareness Training
- - Run Time: 3h25
- - Language: English
- - Includes final assessment to validate student’s understanding of material
- - Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course
Keywords: International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG), IMDG Training, Dangerous Goods Training, Hazmat Training, HazMat Transportation
International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG Code) Transportation Compliance – Amendment 40-20
Module 1: IMDG Function Specific Training-Amd 40-20 Introduction
Module 2: IMDG Function Specific Training-Amd 40-20 Classification
Module 3: IMDG Function Specific Training-Amd 40-20-Packaging
Module 4: IMDG Function Specific Training-Amd 40-20 Consignment Procedures
Currie Amd 40-20 IMDG Module 5 - Consignment Procedures
Currie Amd 40-20 IMDG Module 6 - Documentation
Currie Amd 40-20 IMDG Module 7 - Portable Tanks
Currie Amd 40-20 IMDG Module 8 - Transport Operations
Currie Amd 40-20 IMDG Module 9- Final Student Assessment
PEIHUA CHUNG said:
Laura Rogers said:
Cindy Harris said:
Tervoris Curry said: