IMDG Function Specific Training Program-Amd 40-20Author: Currie Associates
- This course is intended for the training of shore-side dangerous goods employees responsible for the handling, shipping, or transportation of dangerous goods internationally by vessel using the IMDG Code. When taken in conjunction with the pre-requisite course listed below it provides the required elements of general awareness, function-specific training as well as safety and security awareness, and can be used for initial and recurrent training.
- In addition, these courses meet the regulatory training standards set out in the IMDG Code, Part 1, Chapters 1.3 and 1.4 (as well as those in the 49 CFR, Part 172, Subpart H) for all dangerous goods employees involved in the safe transportation of dangerous goods by vessel and includes all recent amendments.
- - Navigating the IMDG Code to determine classification/identification, non-bulk packaging, marking, labeling, placarding and documentation requirements for safe the transportation of dangerous goods (DG).
- - Understanding transport operations requirements including stowage and segregation.
- - Shippers, carriers and freight forwarders (i.e. dangerous goods employees and their supervisors) who handle, ship or transport dangerous goods by vessel.
- - Introduction to the IMDG Code
- - Classification & Dangerous Goods List
- - Consignment Procedures
- - Marking & Labelling
- - Marking & Placarding
- - Documentation
- - Packaging (including Non-Bulk, IBCs & Portable Tanks)
- - Transport Operations
Regulatory Texts & References Required
- - IMDG Code Book Set – International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (Amd. 40-20) - available for purchase
- - IMDG Code Corrigenda May 2022
- - DOT Chart 17 - free download
- - Emergency Response Guidebook 2020 - free download
- - www.tankspan.com
- - Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Transportation General Awareness & Security Awareness Training
- - Run Time: 3h25
- - Language: English
- - Includes final assessment to validate student’s understanding of material
- - Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course