Hazardous Materials Transportation - General Awareness and Security Awareness 2023 (49 CFR) (Course)Author: Currie Associates
The Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods General Awareness and Security Awareness Training Program is a professional, technically proven training program developed by the professionals at Currie Associates. This all-inclusive DOT training curriculum provides everything needed to meet DOT requirements for General Awareness and Security Awareness Training (49 CFR §172.704) while maintaining the interest of your trainees.
The DOT general awareness training program is a high-quality medium that ensures coverage of all the significant compliance requirements. Training examples and test questions will help facilitate understanding of hazardous materials transport requirements and will satisfy the general awareness and security awareness training qualification as required by the DOT.
- Ensuring hazmat employees are familiar with the requirements of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR) and can recognize and identify hazardous materials.
- Familiarity of security awareness requirements and your role in hazardous materials security.
Hazmat employees with job responsibilities for shipping, logistics, management, and freight forwarders who prepare, handle, ship, or transport hazardous materials by ground to, from or within the US. This may include but are not limited to the following:
- warehouse staff that are packaging hazardous materials,
- office staff that are shipping hazardous materials;
- logistics staff marking, labeling packages
- employees preparing hazmat shipping documents or validating/signing shipping documents;
- staff providing placards;
- supervisors with hazmat transportation compliance responsibilities
- customer service staff or procurement staff that are addressing customers’ returns of hazmat.
Topic areas covered in the training include:
- Recognizing Hazardous Materials
- Protective Packaging
- Hazard Communication: marking, labels, placards
- Loading & Segregation
- Freight Securement
- Handling/Accident Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Hazmat Transportation Security Awareness
Regulatory Texts & References Required
- 49 CFR Regulations (October 1, 2021) – free download or book available for purchase
- DOT Chart 17 – free download
- Emergency Response Guidebook 2020 – free download
- None required
- Run Time: 0h45
- Language: English
- Includes final assessment to validate student’s understanding of material
- Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course
Keywords: 2023, 49 CFR, General Awareness, security awareness, Shipping, packaging, Labelling, Labeling, marking