Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Transportation (49 CFR) General Awareness & Security Awareness Training 2021Author: Currie Associates
This course is intended to fulfill the Department of Transportation (DOT) general awareness and security awareness training requirements for hazmat employees responsible for the handling, preparing, shipping or transportation of hazardous materials (HM/Hazmat). The course meets the regulatory training requirements set out in 49 CFR, Part 172, Subpart H, for all hazmat employees involved in the safe transportation of hazardous materials and includes recent amendments and interpretations.
- - Ensuring hazmat employees are familiar with the requirements of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR) and can recognize and identify hazardous materials.
- - Familiarity of security awareness requirements and your role in hazardous materials security.
Hazmat employees with job responsibilities for shipping, logistics, management, and freight forwarders who prepare, handle, ship, or transport hazardous materials by ground to, from or within the US. This may include but are not limited to the following:
- - warehouse staff that are packaging hazardous materials,
- - office staff that are shipping hazardous materials;
- - pick/packers,
- - logistics staff marking, labeling packages
- - employees preparing hazmat shipping documents or validating/signing shipping documents;
- - staff providing placards;
- - supervisors with hazmat transportation compliance responsibilities
- - customer service staff or procurement staff that are addressing customers’ returns of hazmat.
- - Recognizing hazardous materials using examples of packagings, marks, labels, placards, and Hazmat shipping documents
- - Handling Hazmat and accident prevention
- - Understanding the concept of emergency response
- - Hazmat transportation security awareness
Regulatory Texts & References Required
- - None
- - 49 CFR Regulations (October 1, 2020) - free download or book available for purchase
- - 49 CFR Addendum to 2020 Early Edition (October 2020) - free download
- - DOT Chart 16 - free download
- - Emergency Response Guidebook 2020 - free download
- - None required
- - Run Time: 0h36
- - Language: English
- - Includes final assessment to validate student’s understanding of material
- - Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course